LIST OF VACANCIES
Job Title: Finance and Administration Officer – RPTC
Job Grade 6
Average Package per Annum: US$72, 527
The position is open to qualified applicants who:
Are 50 years old or younger. This requirement is based on the Organization’s need to recruit staff who can serve for a reasonable period of time before reaching the mandatory retirement age of 60 years.
- Main purpose of the job: Under the overall supervision of Deputy Commandant the incumbent will facilitate an efficient and effective financial control, budgeting and treasury; payroll; human resources management and administration at the Centre.
- Main duties and responsibilities:
A: Accounting and Financial Management
- Ensure accuracy and completeness of accounting entries in the accounting system and posting of journals.
- Updates general ledger accounts and subsidiary ledgers to supporting schedules
- Prepare monthly and quarterly management accounts for the Secretariat and supporting reconciliations
- Compile statutory annual financial statements for the Secretariat and liaise with auditors/attend to their queries
- Implement appropriate internal controls around financial accounting and reporting
- Extract report of actual spend per activity and prepare variance analysis reports
- Enforce appropriate measures to limit the amount of physical cash handling such as direct bank transfer payment
- Make follow ups for timely imprest retirement
- Review imprest retirement reports for completeness of the documents and approve refund/recovery
- Prepare relevant expenditure control and analysis report for management
- Authorise processing of payment request in the accounting system
- Supervise the work of the Assistant Finance Officer and Accounts Assistant and ensure compliance with policies and procedures and relevant controls and checks and duly performed
- Prepare and submit expenditure control reports and other financial reports as required by management
- Drive the implementation of auditor recommendations for better expenditure control
- Coordinate financial and administrative planning
- Prepare annual budgets and medium term revenue and expenditure framework for the Centre
- Maintain sound records of all financial transactions in line with the SADC Financial Regulations
- Manage payroll, payroll reconciliations, and related accounting matters
- Manage debtors, creditors and relationships with bankers
- To facilitate effective audit process at the Centre on financial transactions, plans and budgets; payroll and procurement and implement audit recommendations.
B: Human Resources and Administration
- To facilitate recruitment of staff and provide human resources support in line with applicable Human Resources Policies
- To manage assets and provide administrative support to the Centre in line with Administration Policies
- To supervise and review performance of accounting finance and administration personnel at the Centre and recommended training and development plans to enhance efficient
- To facilitate procurement of goods and services in line with Procurement Policy and Regulations
- To provide technical advisory services on procurement, financial management, human resources and administration
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned
- A professional accounting qualification and a member of an internationally recognised accounting body (such as CPA, CA, FCCA, CIMA, ICAEW, ICAS, FCPA Expert Comparable or equivalent).
- 7-10 years of relevant experience, preferably with a public organization working on public sector financial management.
- Sound experience in preparing statutory accounts and facilitation of audits (external and internal audits)
- Sound experience in budget management; human resources and administration; and procurement
- Good knowledge, understanding and hands-on application of International Public Sector Accounting Standards (IPSAS) and International Standards on Auditing is a requirement
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Sound computerized accounting skills
- Ability to analyse financial data and to prepare accurate reports in a timely fashion
- Good interpersonal skills
- Experience with governmental/non-profit accounting principles and procedures.
- Ability to develop and establish financial policies and procedures.
- Ability to work independently, with little supervision.
- Ability to effectively direct and supervise.
- Knowledge of operating and capital budget concepts.
- Competence in the use of Sun System Accounting Software
Your application should be accompanied by the following:
a)a short covering letter stating the position that you want to be considered for and describe how your qualifications, experience and competencies are relevant to the position;
b)a 5 pages updated curriculum vitae;
c)certified copies of your degree(s), Diploma(s) and Certificate(s); and
d)duly completed SADC Application Form.
All hard copies of applications must be submitted to the following address not later than Friday 05th February 2021:
Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Tourism
Foreign Affairs Department
Maison Quéau de Quinssy
P.O. Box 656
Republic of Seychelles
For more information on the application process please contact the following:
Mr. Rodney Sinon
Desk Officer for SADC
TEL: +248 428 35 05
Competition for the award of scholarships within "The World in Serbia" Proiect for the academic year 2020/2021.
There are two scholarships to be awarded to students from Seychelles.
See links to relevant documents: http://www.mfa.gov.sc/static.php?content_id=39