Embassy at major promotional event in Beijing emphasing Seychelles
Coinciding with the official launching of the Seychelles Tourism Board’s (STB) 2014 promotional campaign on China’s Outbound Tourism Market, Ambassador Philippe Le Gall launched his novel in Beijing, entitled “Together forever in Seychelles” in the presence of two former Chinese Ambassadors accredited to the Seychelles- Ms. Chen Meifen and Mr. Wang Weiguo.
Around 80 travel journalists and tourism professionals were in attendance of this event, as well as major Chinese media outlets, including People’s Daily, China Daily, CCTV, Xinhua News Agency, and China Radio International. Beijing based Seychellois students were also attended.
Seychelles both as a travel destination and a business hub is expecting vast coverage in Chinese media following this successful joint launching.
Key interventions, apart from the Ambassador’s opening address, included a speech by the President of People’s Daily Press, commending China-Seychelles’ Friendship and Cooperation, a very much appreciated intervention in Chinese by STB’s Regional Director for Asia and Australasia, Mr. Jean-Luc Lai Lam, and a comprehensive presentation on Seychelles tourism assets and recent arrival figures, as well as progress in terms of Image on the Chinese market, by Mr. Li Huanhuan, STB’s Senior Marketing Executive who is also the Ambassador’s Personal Assistant and acted as the master of ceremony.
Minister Counselor in the Embassy, and acting head of Seychelles’ Consulate General in Shanghai, Dr. Sidney To, and the Embassy’s Second Secretary, Mr. Christian Faure played an active role in the event, interacting with VIPs and potential investors who had accepted the Embassy’s invitation.
In conclusion, the sponsor of the Chinese edition of Ambassador Le Gall’s book, Mr Zhang Liping, CEO of International Travel Services (Seychelles) ITSS contributed significantly to the success of the event, planned just ahead of major tourism activities to be held in May in Beijing, Shanghai and Guangshou. As such, the STB and the Seychelles Embassy in China plan to continue their joint efforts ensuring Seychelles is successful in China’s Outbound Tourism Market in 2014.
- VIPs at the event also included:
- Mr. Dong Wei, President of People’s Daily Press,
- Mr. Zhang Wei, Deputy President of the National Museum of China,
- Mr. Gai Guangsheng, Director General of the Publicity and Education Department of the State Oceanic Administration of China,
- Mr. Zhang Jing, Director of City Image and Marketing Beijing Commission of Tourism Development,
- Mr. Shi Shilun, Director of CCTV documentary channel,
- Mr. Cui Yongan, Secretary General of the Organizing Committee of China International Friendship & Culture Festival,
- Dr John Xing, Secretary General of the Cultural Exchange Cooperation Organization of Diplomats in China,
- Navigator Zhai Mo
- Other high level representatives from the Bureau for External Cultural Relations, Ministry of Culture, the Ministry of Education, the Chinese People’s Association for Friendship with Foreign Countries, Peking University, the State Administration of Cultural Heritage, the Confucius Institute Headquarters and Touchroad Shanghai Africa center.
2. Also invited to the event, Former Ambassador Accredited to the Republic of Seychelles Geng Wenbing, now DG of the Department of Supervision in the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, had sent apologies, not being in Beijing at this time) and a former Chargé d’Affaires at the Chinese Embassy in Seychelles, Mr. Guan Zongshan.
3. It is to be noted that this Embassy & STB activity being organized on April 2, the World Autism Awareness Day, Ambassador Le Gall and his PA took part the same evening in an auction aimed at raising funds to help autistic children. One autographed copy of the Ambassador’s book was auctioned for nearly 2000 United States Dollars» All news