Travel Advisory: New requirements for children travelling through South African ports of entry
The Department of Foreign Affairs would like to advise individuals travelling to South Africa with children of the following updated travel advisory from the Department of Home Affairs of the Republic of South Africa:
- Only a valid passport is required for children traveling with BOTH parents.
- Only a valid passport is required for children traveling with ONE parent (NO NEED FOR CONSENT LETTER).
- Only a valid passport is required for children traveling with someone who is not their biological parent.
- Only unaccompanied and foster children (meaning the Child is traveling ALONE) require additional documents of consent.
Travel tips to South Africa as recommended by Seychelles High Commission in Pretoria
- At present, Seychellois visitors are allowed to visit South Africa for business or tourism purposes for a period of up to 30 days on a visa-free basis. DO NOT OVERSTAY your visa. Under amended Immigration law, if you overstay, you may be denied entry into South Africa in the future.
- We advise that your passport has AT LEAST 6 months validity on the date of entry to South Africa.
- Do Not take risks you wouldn't in Seychelles. Remain alert at all times.
- Do Not walk around with large sums of money and do not openly display your valuables.
- Be sure to organise/book and only take authorised, safe and reliable transport to and from your destination.
- Avoid isolated areas. Enquire with your hotel/guest house or trusted locals about areas to avoid. Never wander alone and this is particularly important at night.
- Be aware of scams. Do not accept help from strangers at ATM and always be careful when entering your pin at the ATM or when making transactions.
- Before you leave Seychelles, buy travel insurance. It's a good idea to ensure you're covered for any unplanned trips to the hospitals.
- Store useful numbers on your phone! In case of emergencies, please call 10111. The High Commission can also be reached after official hours in case of emergencies on 0604907952
It pays to be aware, careful and prepared. Keep these tips in mind and you’ll have a problem-free visit to the Rainbow Nation!» All news