Call for Applications (Office Assistant)
The Indian Ocean Commission (IOC) is a regional organisation regrouping four ACP States (Comoros, Madagascar, Mauritius, and Seychelles) plus one ultra-peripheral region of the European Union (Reunion, an overseas department of France) which have agreed to promote regional cooperation through the following areas:
- political and diplomatic cooperation;
- economic and commercial cooperation;
- sustainable regional development;
- strengthening of the regional cultural identity.
More information can be obtained from the IOC website www.coi-ioc.org.
Under the Maritime Security (MASE) Programme funded by the European Union, the IOC has established an Anti-Piracy Celle (APC) in Seychelles with the purpose of co-ordination activities related to counter piracy. The APC will be staffed with experts seconded by IOC member states and local support staff. Applications are invited for the following post:
Job Title: Office Assistant
Grade: Catégorie 5 – Personnel de Bureau (local support staff)
Office: IOC APC (Anti-Piracy Celle)
Duty Station: Victoria, Mahé, Seychelles
Major Duties and Responsibilities
The Office Assistant will work under the supervision of the Administrative Assistant and provide support to all members of the APC.
His/her duties and responsibilities include but are not restricted to:
- Cleaning and keeping order within the office premises.
- Small purchases of office consumables and stationeries.
- Help out with the logistical preparation and running of meetings, training session, public gatherings etc.
- As office messenger: run errands, collecting and delivering mail and other documents from/to post office or couriers.
- Supporting secretarial activities and duties (photocopies, archive, administrative assistance, menial jobs etc.).
- Any other assignment within his/her area of competence.
Minimum Qualifications and Professional Experience
- Candidates must have a level certificate (minimum academic requirement)
- Candidates must have a minimum of five years working experience in Office assistance
- Strong Knowledge of using photocopy machine, printer and scanner and other related devices
- Must demonstrate team excellent interpersonal skills, team building skills, analytical and problem solving skills, effective verbal and listening communication skills, effective organizational skills, effective verbal/listening written communications skills, stress management skills, time management skills
- Be Honest and Trustworthy
- Be Flexible and have Driving Licence (Class 2)
- Fluent in English and French and Ability to speak the local language (with support document or certificates).
Tenure of Appointment
The initial appointment will go until June 2013 including a 3 months probationary period. Contract extension will be subject to performance and availability of funding.
The salary attached to the position will be determined accordingto the IOC salary scaleand depending onthe qualificationand experienceof the candidate.
Candidates must benationalsof one of theIOC MemberStatesandauthorized to workin Seychelles (with a valid work permit).
To apply, please submit by email, postal service or hand delivered the following:
- Letter of motivation.
- A detailed and updated CV.
- Names and contact details (including e-mail addresses) of two references.
- Copies of degrees, diplomas and other academic certificates.
- Copy of Identity Card or Passport.
Applications must be received not later than 27 July 2012 at 16:00 (Seychelles Time) and should be addressed to:
IOC Anti-Piracy Cell
c/o Jacques Belle
Ministry of Foreign Affairs
Maison Quéau de Quinssy
Mont Fleuri, P.O. Box 656
E-mail : email@example.com
Contact : Jacques Belle
The IOC is an equal opportunity employer and qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.» All news