Minister Morgan appoints new Marine Accident Investigation Board to benefit growing shipping industry
Minister for Foreign Affairs and Transport, Mr Joël Morgan has appointed a new board of the Marine Accident Investigation Board for a period of two years, effective as of the 1st May 2015.
The Marine Accident Investigation Board is tasked with the systematic examination and investigation of marine accidents within Seychelles territorial waters ensuring greater protection for seafarers.
Minister Morgan, congratulated the newly appointed board members on their appointment and expressed his desire that they continue to work towards enhancing the potential of the shipping industry and contribute to its development in a pragmatic fashion. Captain Robert Morgan will be the board chairman. It should be noted that the board was formerly known as the Marine Board, however after consultations, the name was changed so as to conform with the expectations of the International Maritime Organisation.
The other members of the Board include:
· Captain Joachim Valmont- Seychelles Maritime Safety Administrating
· Captain Percy Laporte- Seychelles Port Authority
· Mr Idney Basset- Bureau Veritas
· Mr Jimmy Finesse- Ministry of Labour and Human Development
· Ms Emily Gonthier- Attorney General’s Office» All news